Securing the present and future, continuous innovations
“A.Hak divisions are characterised by their problem solving attitude. That shows in their advanced machinery and equipment. A very representative example is the direct pipe drill technique. A. Hak is the sole company who uses this method.”
With this method, a tailor-made tunnel drill machine (TBM) is placed in front of the new build transport pipe. This approximately 20 meter long TBM features carefully selected drill bits adapted to the local ground conditions, several measurement systems, steering cylinders and bentonite injection points.
Advantages of the Direct Drill Technique
- Suitable for difficult permeable ground layers
- No unstable drill tunnels
- Minimum chance of a “blow-out”
- No jamming of the drill process
- No chance of damaging the outer coating of the new transport pipe
- Only one part of the drill site needs to have a substantial working area
- Cost reduction on shell piles
- Easily achieving great depths
- No need to install a receiving shell pile
- The use of short pipe strings is possible; preferable where there is a lack of space
A minimum waste of bentonite; fewer transport movements, lower level of noise, safer working area on the receiving part.